Adirondack News & Views
- Ride for the Ausable River Sunday
- Wilderness 50th Organizers Being Feted
- LG Gateway Project Contractor Quits
- RR Will Store Oil Tankers In High Peaks
- Officials Chastise Verizon Service
- Martens Reverses Road Decision
- Boy Scouts End Gay Ban
- Filthy Water Threatens 2016 Olympics
- WWII Pilot's Remains Returned
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Eichlerville Bridge Work Underway
- Cuomo Meets Labor at Lake George
- Troopers Complain About Patrol Cars
- Verizon Workers Vote To Strike
- Local Sales Tax Growth Lowest In NYS
The Adirondack Explorer brings you exciting excursions, fascinating wildlife and vital news about the Adirondack Park.
Each issue of the Adirondack Explorer contains reviews of the non-fiction books that matter most to our readers. The subjects include Adirondack history, outdoor recreation, wildlife, natural history, and public policy. Most of the past reviews are now available online.
One mission of the Adirondack Explorer is to show people how to enjoy New York State’s great wilderness. Every issue includes accounts of hiking, paddling, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, bicycling, and other outdoor pursuits. Subscribers get unlimited access to our Adventure Planner, an online archive of hundreds of recreational stories.