Conversation on the Adirondack Explorer adds to our understanding of local issues, brings in new perspectives and ideas. It is a friendly place and comments are welcomed and encouraged, but there are some basic rules for maintaining the openness and integrity of the discussion:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but dialogue should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments that use profanity will be deleted.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
- We also reserve the right to remove comments that include hateful, abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libelous language.
- Disagreement is a key part of discussions, but we’ll remove comments that harass or attack a commenter with a different perspective. If you disagree with someone, state your reasons why. Please be respectful toward other community members!
- As much as possible, let’s stick to fact-based discussions. Posts with unsubstantiated claims, or false assertions, along with blatant self-promotion will be flagged and possibly removed.
- You must use a name or nickname—some identifier—to comment here.
The information, views and opinions expressed by commenters are not those of the Adirondack Explorer.
If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know at adirondackexplorer.org/contact-us