FacebookTwitterInstagram Youtube
Adirondack Explorer

6 Responses

1. Daniel Ward says:

So a man who has extremely loud live music at his cabins until late at night complains about Peace Officers training? Also, why wasn’t your video shot from his cabins rather than the side of a hill? Probably because the trees and knoll between the range and cabins drown out the noise.

2. CommunityGuy says:

This activity is absolutely inappropriate for this location. The tax paying businesses that are based on quiet and nature should not have to suffer from this inappropriate use, and are correct to complain.

Power combined with carelessness is very destructive. This is careless government.

Move the Police shooting range!

3. Suzanne says:

Couldn’t these operations be better done at Fort Drum, a nearby military base? Why should a residential neighbourhood be subjected to this?

4. Bob Etman says:

I wonder how many of the complainers have ever been in a war zone or terrorist attack as they say it sounds? It’s the same old complaint, no in my backyard. Take it from an old vet that’s been there, I doubt it sounds like a war zone. Have any of you heard 90 millimeter guns firing for hours on end, I have. Believe me you have no idea what a war zone sounds. As one old marine said to me once, it doesn’t bother me as long as I know they are on my side. Buck up liberals they are trading for your protection!

• Boreas says:

It is a pretty big leap to call the “complainers” liberals – whether they have been in a war zone or not. No one is saying these activities shouldn’t take place. These “complainers” were not notified this activity was going to take place – probably for a reason. Residents should have some say as to what can take place within their communities. Not everyone is as accustomed to sounds of assault weapons as yourself so will have a different tolerance.

Besides, does the word “placid” (such in Lake Placid) still mean anything?

• Boreas says:

I would also mention that there may be brothers-in-arms and others suffering from PTSD that live within earshot that could use some advance warning of this type of activity.