Fire hit home featured in ‘Explorer’

Your article “Few Options for Elders” [March/April 2011] describes life at the Clifton-Fine Boarding Home, owned and operated by Cathi Ford. Unfortunately there was a fire at the home in early May. All of the seniors who lived there and the staff got out safely. It happened during daylight hours, and it probably started with an electrical short in the ceiling above the kitchen.

Residents were relocated, and the last I heard Cathi Ford’s plans for the future were uncertain.

Jennie Scott Rose, Halfmoon

Editor’s note: The article misidentified the boarding-home resident who had been Cathi Ford’s teacher at Harrisville Central School. The former teacher was Jane Scott Aldous.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Like what you're reading?

Join the community of people powering our rigorous, nonprofit Adirondack journalism with a donation.

Wait! Before you go:

Catch up on all your Adirondack
news, delivered weekly to your inbox