Starting Monday, July 6, NYS DEC has announced it will open reservations for the 2020 camping season. Currently, all DEC-managed campgrounds are open for those with existing reservations. On Monday, campers will be able to book stays that will start on July 10 and later. Online reservations are recommended (click here) and walk-ins not permitted at this time.
As part of the COVID-19 guidelines, and for the courtesy of other visitors and staff, face masks must be worn when outside campsites at any place where social distancing cannot be maintained. All patrons shall practice social distancing.
The DEC also has listed the following rules for its campgrounds:
- Only registered campers will be allowed in campground areas, no day visitors will be permitted.
- In order to assist with enhanced cleaning, Check-in time is now 2pm and Check-out time is 10am.
- There may be limited shower and/or restroom facilities and they may periodically be closed to allow for enhanced cleaning.
- Use of facility amenities such as, but not limited to playgrounds, pavilions and day use areas may be restricted or prohibited at certain locations.
- Retail sales such as firewood and ice as well as other services such as boat rentals may be restricted or prohibited at certain locations.
- To achieve density reduction in our facilities, day use sales and bather capacity number will be reduced.