Meet local farmers and sample tasty dishes
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Clinton County and Adirondack Harvest are teaming up for its annual “Food from the Farm” event on Saturday, March 7 from 2-5 p.m. at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Clinton County office, located at 6064 State Route 22, Suite 5 in Plattsburgh.
As part of this year’s event, three local chefs will be preparing samples for tasting:
- Latitude 44 Bistro
- Twisted Carrot
- Himalaya Restaurant
In addition, participants can:
- Purchase farm products
- Sign up for a CSA
- Get info on gardening and nutrition
- Pick up recipes for cooking with local products
- Listen to live music
Admission: $5/adult, ages 5 & under free ($20 maximum per family)
Vendors as of Jan. 21 (more being added) include:
- Beekmantown FFA: Hydroponic Lettuce and Herbs
- Biscotti Kitchen: Low Sugar, twice baked cookies
- Brandy Brook Maple Farm + Olde Tyme Wine: Certified organic maple syrup + maple products, wine: sweet, semi, dry grape + fruit wine fermented with the farm’s maple syrup. Free samples. 21+
- Chazy Orchards: Apples, cider, baked goods.
- Gonyo Farm: Veggies, homemade jams & jellies, USDA-inspected grass-fed beef.
- Windmill Point Country Store & Bakery: Owned + operated by Donna Boumil, who bakes products with ingredients grown on her family farm, purchased from other farms, or from local businesses.
- Triple Green Jade Farm: Small organic farm in Willsboro that bakes wood-fired artisan breads & gourmet crackers and has a grass-fed micro dairy starting up later this year.