Welcome to our third annual Adirondack Paddlers Photo Contest. The contest is a joint project of the Adirondack Explorer magazine, Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company, and View. The contest opens on March 1 for submissions. The deadline for photo submissions is Friday, April 18, 2014. The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers. All photos submitted will be able to be seen on the group’s Flickr site.
- March 1 – open for submissions
- April 18 – Last day for submissions
- May 2 – Winners notified via FlickrMail week before and after 5/2
- May 17 – Awards given at ceremony at View in Old Forge
CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSION
- Black & White
- Kids and Pets in Boats
- Shot from the Bow
- The Sky Above
- All photos must be taken from a canoe or kayak
- All photos must be taken in the Adirondack Park
- All submissions must say where the photo was taken
- Only 3 submissions per entrant
- All photos must be in digital form
- Photos must have a resolution of at least 2 megapixels.
- In the Flickr description field of each entry, you must provide your first and last name, location of photo, date of photo, camera used, and the town and state in which you live.
- We will notify you of an award via your FlickrMail, so make sure you check your email from Flickr in the week around the deadline of May 2.
- Nancie Battaglia – chief judge – nationally-renowned photographer based in the Adirondacks
- Susan Bibeau – designer and photographer for the Adirondack Explorer magazine
- Mark Bowie – award-winning nature photographer and author
- Cory Card – exhibits manager for View
There will be one top prize per category and Best in Show award. At their discretion, the judges may also award honorable mentions. Judges also reserve the right to not award a prize in a category.
- The Best in Show award will be a Werner Camano paddle from Mountainman Outdoor Supply Co., a 3-year subscription to the Adirondack Explorer, and a 1-year membership to View.
- First place award will be a 2-year subscription to the Adirondack Explorer, a $50 gift certificate from Mountainman, 2 free admissions to View.
- The first prize and Best in Show winning photographs will be published in the Adirondack Explorer.
- Honorable Mentions will receive a 1-year subscription to the Explorer.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO TO FLICKR
It’s easy! Click on the button below and add your photos to ADKpaddle2014 group and tag them PhotoContest-ADKPaddle2014.
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these steps:
- Log on – To submit your photos via Flickr, use your Yahoo! ID to login to Flickr at www.flickr. com. If you don’t have a Yahoo ID, go to Yahoo.com and sign up for free.
- Join our Paddlers Photo Contest Flickr group – If you are not already a member of the group on Flickr, join by clicking “Join this Group?” on the group’s homepage.
- Upload an image – After logging in, upload your images using the form provided on the site.
- Send the Image to Our Group – Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the “Send to Group” function above the image to add your photograph to the photo pool.
- Tag it! – Once added to the group, tag each photo with Photocontest-ADKpaddle2014 through the “tag” feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo’s page.
That’s it. You’re entered!
YOUR RIGHTS // LEGAL DETAILS
When entering the 3rd Annual Adirondack Paddlers Photo Contest, you agree to grant the Adirondack Explorer, Mountainman Outdoor Supply Co., and View the rights to use your photos for any purpose that involves the contest, such as a news release about the contest, publishing the winning photographs in sponsor companies’ newsletters, on websites and in publications for the following year, or other uses similar to this. Photographers retain the copyright and ownership of their photographs.
By uploading photos to this group on Flickr, you are entering the contest and you acknowledge receiving approval from any person in your submitted photos, to having their image(s) used for purposes such as publication, reproduction and publicity. If your photograph is reproduced, it will include a photographer credit. You will not be paid any consideration if your photograph is used in any media. By submitting your work via upload to this contest group, you are agreeing to these terms.
By entering the contest, each photographer agrees to release and hold harmless Mountainman, The Adirondack Explorer, View and the contest judges from any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind arising from participation in the contest.